Saturday 3 April 2010

Week10 Activity 2 – Share experiences of mobile devices

I have not yet used my MP3 player for downloading podcasts althrough I do have a few audio recordings of TV comedy shows such as The Good Life and Al Murray Pub Landlord. That said I have subscribed to the JISC podcast service for the last year and access it through my RSS Google Reader feed. This enables me to listen to latest interviews on good practice in elearning. Although I do not currently use a mobile device for podcasts I can see how others would benefit from having access to mobile learning content whilst on the move. For example if I commuted on a train for an hour everyday I might be tempted to use this dead time for learning.

A few years ago I recorded some important revision notes on dictophone to help my wife prepare for her final university exams in nursing. As she suffers from dyslexia and finds it difficult to remember things from just reading the text in books or on screen. The audio reference material helped to reinforce her memory, this method of learning must have been beneficial for her as she passed the examination with flying colours.

I am very interested in hearing other successfully instances of using audio recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment