Monday 26 April 2010

TMA 01 Feedback and Reflection

On the surface TMA01 initially appeared to be a simple 800 word report on JISC case studies followed by a 500 word reflection. Although I am very pleased with the 70% grade the reality of the task was much larger than initially thought. This was made much more difficult be the volume of information required to be covered whilst remaining within the academic word limits.

On the whole I am pleased with this first assignment but as my primary school teacher used to bark at me ‘you can do better Collins!’. So what should I watch out for next time?

  • Ensuring I get the context right when quoting from someone’s blog entry.
  • Not use Italics to when directly quoting from written text. (Not sure about this one as I have written several masters papers with the Portsmouth University and through H800 last year doing exactly that!)
  • Ensure I realise and meet the self stated aims of the assignment.
  • Leave enough time to ask a work colleague or family member to proof read before submitting the assignment.
Unfortunately due to going on holiday for two weeks I had already submitted TMA02 before I received the feedback from TMA01. Let’s hope the tutor shows some mercy when marking my next assignments with probably some of the same mistakes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Feedback on TMA in the forum was like getting your fingers smacked at school. About italics, I am used to using italics in quotes if they were there in the first place [and insert original italics]. If I italicize word in a quote I add [my italics]. I havbe worked on the same principle in my TMAs here.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete