Monday 14 June 2010

Assignment Feedback

Having just received my final TMA03 assignment result today I find myself reflecting on this work. I am very pleased with my grade since it surpasses my other two grades in H807 but I feel a little empty with the amount of feedback. Of course I should be happy just to pass the assignment but I guess at post graduate level study you become more critical about the work you present and probably seek more quality feedback. Am I alone here? Or should I just be content that I’ve ticked that box and should concentrate my efforts on the next task, the dreaded ECA?

For those interested in calculating your overall continuous assessment score (OCAS) I have produced a simple spreadsheet in Google documents please feel free to use and enter your own results. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqBz_GD5TFQodGI3Y2E0SGVBRngtdk9LRE5tWC00Ync&hl=en_GB

3 comments:

  1. There are several things to consider when you decide to apply for an elearning online course. Such things are the advantages and disadvantages of taking the new way of learning acquisition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark
    I Agree I am a little disappointed but it is to be expected. I mark for the OU and get slated if I do not include enough justification for the lose of marks. I don't see this as any different at postgraduate level. I know the reports take a long time to mark but I like to see where I lost the marks, and how I can improve. Like you I am happy with my marks and to be honest a fair reflection. Now to the ECA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cripes. I wonder if I have a result to pick up somewhere :( I agree with your points Mark concerning feedback and so forth. I think I got unduly rattled by my last assignment as it had slipped some 12% from the previous results and I fretted unnecessarily about where I had gone wrong. I should have been more realistic, more accepting that I'd drifted away from the topic and delighted that I'd done well. I constantly compare academic work to professional work - clients are part of the team and the work you produce is shared so this self of 'being the only one to blame' never occurs.

    ReplyDelete